Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dakini


This is part 2 of My Legacy of the year. Yeshe Rabbit suggested this year long Legacy project to me and I thought it was a great idea. Basically what it means is that I commit to recording 9 videos of me performing a Sacred Dance with the general idea being related to honoring Goddess, Ancestress and/or Feminine figures or their energy. I had the feeling this next dance was going to be completely improvised and I was hoping so. I took the opportunity of our annual retreat in the beautiful and secluded Santa Cruz Mountains to find the perfect time and place for this to come together. I told Rabbit my feeling on this dance, celebrating the great change within our coven, the sacrifice of our beloved name (within the Amazon Tribe), and the feeling of knowing you are truly free to do what you want, and need to do for your spiritual well being. Rabbit knew of this chant, which maybe she can explain some time, but it worked out wonderfully for the energy I wanted. The Magnolia tree proved to be the perfect setting for this dance, it had always been a great place to sit under and admire the beauty within and around.


And now, for the dance! Thanks to everyone who helped.


Love,
Madame Hummingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment